May 18, 2013
- The Cadillac XTS isn’t known as the most exciting vehicle in the brand’s lineup. In fact, it’s a rather dull, but luxurious, offering. Actively avoiding the production of dull cars seems to have become a bit of an obsession at Cadillac, though, so it's gone ahead and dropped the 410-horsepower, biturbocharged V-6 from the all-new CTS under the graceful hood of the XTS. The result is a large Caddy that we'd be happy to drive.
May 17, 2013
- A host of 2014 vehicles have earned the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's five-star rating in crash tests, perhaps most notably the redesigned-for-2014 Cadillac CTS. Both the rear-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive versions of the CTS got an overall score of five...
May 15, 2013
- Cadillac is not content to leave well enough alone when it comes to the lineup and the XTS and CTS are benefitting from a new twin turbocharged V6. GM’s luxury division confirmed the engine will be available in the 2014 XTS and put out 410 horsepower, according to a report at TheDetroitBureau.com.
- In the last few weeks, I did something I rarely get to do: I test drove two Cadillacs! No foolin'! An XTS and an ATS! The last I got to sample was a pair of Escalades last summer. Naturally, I pit them one against the other; but other than the oversized crest and excessive chrome, I never considered them to be real Caddies -- not what the brand's image has always been about. Throughout my teens, my uncle was the owner of a number of Fleetwood s from the late ‘70s to the late ‘80s...
- General Motors told us so back in March, but it is now official: The twin-turbocharged 3.6-liter V6 announced for the 2014 Cadillac CTS will also join the options list for the 2014 Cadillac XTS. The LF3 engine puts out 410 horsepower and 369 pound-feet of torque in the XTS, however, which is 10 hp and 61 lb-ft down from its application in the CTS. It will be identifiable from the outside by a specific grille treatment and a badge on the decklid. The 3.6-liter V6 with 304 hp and 264 lb-ft holds...
May 13, 2013
- Superior engineering leads to superior product.
- Give it wings and it will fly What more can be said about Cadillac and its glorious past that hasn't already been said? Not much in fact, but the new 2013 ATS opens up a completely new chapter in the company founded by Henry Leland back in 1902. The 2013 ATS will do for Cadillac what the Catera failed to do in the late ‘90s. The follow-up CTS attempted to pick up the pieces left behind by the rebadged Opel Omega, but never fully rekindled the Cadillac flame. It is true; the Cadillac ATS...
May 9, 2013
- DETROIT – Greater use of structural adhesive and aluminum is helping Cadillac reduce overall weight of the ATS and all-new CTS sedans, contributing to better ride and handling and reduced cabin noise in both models.
May 7, 2013
- Is this the best looking wagon on the market? I think so. And if you concur, you better run to the dealership, because the Cadillac CTS-V wagon, shown here courtesy of Mike M Photos, was axed from the CTS lineup. No matter how stunning (and practical) we deem wagons to be, if no one buys [...]
May 6, 2013
- The 2014 Cadillac CTS has been generating a lot of buzz since its debut, and now the American automaker has released a computer-generated video showing off all the sedan’s fine details. The video shines the spotlight on the new CTS, including details on the exterior, the luxurious interior, and the sedan driving around up in... more