April 24, 2014
- "We want to be the emotional German brand."
April 23, 2014
- It once vied with rival Cadillac for dominance in the huge U.S. luxury car market, but for Ford's luxury brand Lincoln, the future may depend on its launch this week in China. TheDetroitBureau.com has the story.
April 22, 2014
- The company asked a federal bankruptcy judge to dismiss dozens of lawsuits over its handling of a defective ignition switch in millions of cars, and to bar similar cases in the future.
- Honda used the recent 2014 Beijing Auto Show to debut two new sedan concepts that preview future production models for the Chinese market. One is closely related to the recently revealed 2015 Acura TLX, while the other is targeted at the subcompact sedan market comprised of models such as the Chevrolet Sonic, Ford Fiesta and Mazda 2 sedans. The...
April 21, 2014
- When marketers use “luxury” to describe convenience or most technology, they dilute its definition. To us, and to everyone ushered by black car each night in Manhattan, OnStar operators and blind-spot sensors are not worldly indulgences. So it’s welcome to see BMW revisit the dictionary and plaster...
- Runtime: 7:07 - EU Mandates Emergency Call Systems - New Kia for China - BMW Vision Future Luxury - VW Reveals New Midsize Coupe - Lincoln MKX Concept - Krafcik Shares Insight on GM Defect Visit our sponsors to thank them for their support of Autoline Daily: BorgWarner, Bridgestone, Dow Automotive Systems and Hyundai. »Subscribe [...]
- Plan involves more SUVs, crossovers, luxury cars; Ford Escort comeback?; Beijing show highlights; a hint at future BMWs..
April 20, 2014
- New hybrid crossover concept previews the look of Audi's potential Range Rover Evoque and Porsche Macan rival Audi has revealed its new Audi TT offroad concept car in China at the Beijing motor show."The Audi TT offroad concept provides a glimpse of how we might imagine a new model in the future TT family," said Audi technical chief Ulrich Hackenberg. "It will be the peak sporting SUV in its class."We chose to present the Audi TT offroad concept in China, our second domestic market, because it...
April 19, 2014
- Automakers attempting to mix the sexiness of a coupe and the utility of an SUV don't appear to be going away. BMW arguably created the niche with its X6, and Acura latched onto it with the awkward ZDX. Mercedes-Benz might be taking the best stab at the form yet with the Concept Coupe SUV, which debuts at the 2014 Beijing Motor Show. At over 16 feet long, over six feet wide, and riding on 22-inch wheels, the Concept Coupe SUV is an imposing vehicle. The front of the concept is dominated by tons...