March 30, 2015
- How would you spec it?
March 29, 2015
The LF-SA is said to preview a new Mini and Audi A1 rivalLexus’s designs are polarising opinion. As European boss Alain Uyttenhoven reveals, that’s exactly what they should be doing Can a car manufacturer come of age? Lexus’s European boss seems to think so.“We’re 25 years old now,” says Alain Uyttenhoven, “and I’d call that the end of puberty. We’re about to become a grown-up company.”That new-found maturity manifested itself at the...
March 28, 2015
- A Spanish take on a German hatch.
March 27, 2015
- GM's slice of that strudel is the Opel/Vauxhall Adam, the latest iteration of which, the cheekily named Adam Rocks, is the most Americanized version of them all.
- Just the Kind of Uptown Funk Buick Needs
March 26, 2015
- Crossovers can race, too.
March 24, 2015
- Walk down a dark country lane and you'll aim your flashlight precisely where you want to look. Imagine having a car that’s equally intuitive. That’s the idea being developed by Opel, GM’s European subsidiary, which uses an eye-tracking system to determine exactly where a driver is looking. The story from TheDetroitBureau.com.
March 21, 2015
- General Motors Co.'s near-total pullout of the Russian car market stunned auto experts, who wonder whether the problem was Russia's or GM's. "It is an almost unprecedented decision for a major global automaker to abandon a major regional market in such a way, especially an automaker which was a leading player and selling over 300,000 vehicles" in a good year, says analyst Tim Urquhart at IHS Automotive. "The immediate signs are that other automakers are going to stick it...
March 20, 2015
- Opel is working on headlights that illuminate the road where the driver's eyes are looking. The new technology will continue to light the road ahead.
March 19, 2015
- The road to profitability is a long one, but it continues.