December 18, 2014
- Stefan Lamm, Ford of Europe's exterior design chief, joins the Spanish firm from Ford Spanish car firm Seat has appointed Stefan Lamm as its new head of exterior design. He will commence his new role on 1 February next year. Lamm switches to Seat from Ford where he spent 10 years in charge of exterior design and was later head of exterior design at Ford of Europe. He has played a key role in the 'kinetic' design seen on recent Fords and can count models such as the S-Max, Focus RS Mk2 and Evos...
December 17, 2014
- Made up of leading motoring journalists from emerging markets in Europe, AUTOBEST felt the three-month-old Opel Corsa beat the 2nd-place car by 88 points.
- However, Opel-Vauxhall sales grew 1.1 percent to 62,658 units.
December 16, 2014
- Half spy shots, half Monza concept; this rendering has some cred. And, might we say, looks damn good.
December 15, 2014
- It may look like a Bertone special, but this anomaly rolled right out of Opel's Russelsehim design center.
- BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Citroën, Ford and Volkswagen are all in the running to be crowned as 2015's Car of the Year The Car of the Year shortlist has been announced. It's a piece of news I would normally register with a sigh, before returning to more important work.This year, though, it matters more to me than usual because I’ve been appointed as one of the competition’s 58 judges. This august institution currently considers the Peugeot 308 to be at the industry’s apogee and it has never anointed a...
December 12, 2014
December 11, 2014
- Volvo is in the midst not only of a complete product line overhaul, but also a powertrain revolution as well. It introduced its new generation of Drive-E four-cylinder engines last year, and with the Twin Engine version in the new XC90, has shown just how much it can make from so little. But now it's going even smaller with a new three-cylinder powerplant. Currently undergoing development, the new Drive-E three-cylinder engine is part of a concerted effort on the Swedish automaker's behalf to...
- The car calendar crafted for the cat-loving masses will soon be available for purchase. Don't have a hairball, man.