June 18, 2013
- The sagging EU economy led to the worst car sales since 20 years (cause and effect could also be the other way round.) With so much riding on car sales, France’s La Lettre Auto K7 found a way to predict them with greater certainty: They simply ask car dealers how many orders they received. Most [...]
June 17, 2013
- Buick currently sells three vehicles that were originally conceived as Opels, and by the looks of things it's set to have more. Buick’s latest Encore, Regal and Verano models all share their underpinnings and most of their bodywork with models sold overseas as Opels (Vauxhalls if you’re in the U.K.), and so far this strategy of...
- Opel and Buick are going to get a lot cozier in the coming years if Dan Akerson has his way. The GM CEO wants the two companies to align their product portfolios even further, so that the high R&D costs of Opel products can be absorbed further. Speaking to Automotive News at an investor conference last [...]
- Goodwood has issued a list of the drivers and cars confirmed for the 2013 Goodwood Festival of Speed Goodwood has issued a complete list of drivers appearing at this year’s Goodwood Festival of Speed 2013. Drivers and riders competing on the hillclimb at this year’s event include past and present F1, WRC and Le Mans drivers.The Festival of Speed will also feature stars of film and radio, such as Peter Fonda and Chris Evans.The full, provisional list of drivers and cars:Rally Rauno Aaltonen...
June 15, 2013
- Another five stars for another great product.
June 14, 2013
- In 1959, you could have headed to your closest Buick dealership to pick up an Opel.
June 13, 2013
- Berlin — General Motors Co.'s European Opel unit says it will start assembling cars for Russia and other eastern markets in Belarus next year.
- Opel workers, managers, German politicians and TTAC have been heard complaining that Opel is being kept out of interesting growth markets and pretty much forced to suffer in Europe. The perennial nags are being thrown a bone: GM “will build a small number of its Opel Corsa hatchbacks in Belarus from next year as its [...]
- GM says it’s not true (yet) what Germany’s Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung reports today. The paper says it has it on good authority that by 2014, GM will move production of its Chevrolet Cruze from South Korea to the Opel plant in Gliwice, Poland.“There has been no decision made about where the next generation Cruze [...]
- Tweaks to engines, suspension and cabin for new-look Opel Insignia