October 24, 2014
- Despite slowing sales growth in China, General Motors is doubling down on the country with a bold expansion plan that could make it Cadillac's biggest market within six years.
October 21, 2014
- When General Motors decided to add yet another engine option to the CTS lineup -- a twin-turbocharged version of the 3.6L V6 that's fitted to almost everything built by the General -- I yawned a great yawn. Then I saw the specs: 420 hp and 430 lb-ft of torque. That's all you need to know about this car. OK, maybe not... What is the Cadillac CTS Vsport? For 2014, the CTS Vsport is the most powerful CTS currently available -- until the full-blown...
- GM says big network can be asset as some stores fear consolidation; Hyundai seeks capacity; Porsche ahead of plan; Toyota expands recall.
October 13, 2014
- Thorough, classy modernisation dispatches big power with impressive ease The latest offering from Jensen International Automotive, creator of the GM ‘LS3’ V8-powered Interceptor R, a version of which we drove in our modernised classics feature at Goodwood in the summer.Unlike that car, the modernisation of which was largely outsourced, the £180,000 Interceptor R Supercharged you see here was almost entirely rebuilt (starting with a full shell refurb) by JIA’s five workshop staff at its new...
October 10, 2014
- Cadillac's new boss plans a blitz of new products by 2020, from a pure battery-electric car to an ultra-luxury sedan, that he hopes will help resurrect General Motors' struggling premium brand and make it a global powerhouse.
October 8, 2014
- What's the big deal with the endless wave of alphanumeric car and light truck names? If a vehicle has the performance, style, quality, value and safety consumers are looking for, it will sell regardless of the badge.
October 7, 2014
- Cadillac will offer a plug-in hybrid version of the CT6 large sedan scheduled to debut late next year. GM global product chief Mark Reuss said the plug-in hybrid would get at least 70 mpg.
- Cadillac and American Airlines are teaming up to offer travel benefits to the airline's frequent fliers and encourage test drives of the luxury brand's lineup through a new marketing partnership.
October 6, 2014
- After what he called 'a hectic few days' of product, branding and business announcements, the global head of Cadillac last week used a long and, at times, cutting Facebook post to punch back at critics of his plans.
October 3, 2014
- On Friday, General Motors announced three new recalls affecting nearly 650,000 vehicles from various brands. The first one involves 430,550 Cadillac SRX (2010-2015) and Saab 9-4X (2011-2012) crossovers whose rear sway bar may not have been properly tightened during assembly. Three related accidents making two people injured have been reported so far. The second recall affects 93,834 Chevrolet Spark hatchbacks which could suffer from rust issues. GM is also recalling 117,651 Chevrolet,...
October 2, 2014
- Cadillac has had several unsuccessful swings at the European market, but this time there are some surprising elements to its battle plan Must admit I have a ghoulish fascination with Cadillac’s trials and tribulations in Europe.Maybe it stems from attending the launch of the Seville in 1998, another chapter in a long history of trying to persuade Europeans that it is a credible luxury brand. And, of course, another heroic failure.So it was interesting at the Paris motor show to talk to Caddy’s...
- The US-based manufacturer's new boss wants to get the right products in place before unleashing a full assault on tough European market Cadillac will be ready for a full-on European assault by 2019, according to the company's new boss Johan de Nysschen.Speaking to Autocar, de Nysschen said: "Europe is crucial to our success but we need to have the right product portfolio. If you want to win in Europe you need the right products."De Nysschen also revealed ambitious future model plans that...
- The new Cadillac ELR may be all of the above, however, even after returning the car to its rightful owners, I'm still scratching my head. I'm wondering what the ELR's true reason for being is. I keep asking myself the question that's been on many experts' lips since the ELR launched: Why? Despite the existential nature of this question, I really enjoyed this luxury-coupe-cum-concept-car from the high-end manufacturer. I simply could never suggest that anyone purchase one unless for long-term...