January 25, 2015
- Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen sought to reassure dealers at the brand's make meeting that he isn't out to eliminate stores, though he offered few details about the broad facility-investment plan that he outlined earlier this week.
- Merit Earl Fields was sales manager at Cadillac before becoming a Cadillac dealer on Chicago's North Shore in 1971.
January 24, 2015
- GM Financial will become the exclusive provider of subsidized leases for Buick-GMC dealerships on Feb. 3. Cadillac and Chevrolet will follow.
January 23, 2015
- We now know a bit more about the new 2016 Cadillac CT6, which is expected to make its global debut at the New York Auto Show in April. In addition to its mix-material construction, this prestige sedan will feature a video-streaming rearview mirror.
January 22, 2015
- Today, Prestige CEO Greg Jackson owns four dealerships in southeastern Michigan that sold 10,177 new Cadillac, Ford, Toyota and Mercedes-Benz vehicles last year.
- The last two years have been a roller coaster ride for Cadillac dealers. Sales fell back to earth last year, declining 7 percent, after Cadillac emerged as the fastest-growing luxury brand in 2013.
- Cadillac plans to ask about 700 of its dealerships to invest in small "boutique" stores that would offer "high technology showrooms" and a higher level of service than they offer today.
- Cadillac plans 'boutiques' for small stores; Independents beat dealerships on repair satisfaction; $1.5 billion 'oops.'
January 20, 2015
- The Cadillac Elmiraj Concept made its Canadian debut at the 2015 Montreal Auto Show this week. It's a 2-door, 4-passenger grand coupe equipped with a 4.5L twin-turbo V8 that produces an estimated 500 horsepower.
- De Nysschen prepares to face unhappy retailers; M-B expects 40 percent of U.S. HQ staff to move; steps to self-driving.
January 19, 2015
- Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen has had about five months since taking over the brand to assess the gaps in his vehicle lineup. He has found a lot of them.
- Do you think it's odd that General Motors is moving Cadillac to New York City? I realize that it involves only a small number of people, but at a time when major car companies are moving headquarters to lower the costs of doing business, New York...
- General Motors' move to steer all subvented leases for Cadillac and Buick-GMC through GM Financial as part of the captive's ongoing buildup was welcome news for dealers, Cadillac dealer Howard Drake says.
January 18, 2015
- With industry light-vehicle sales soaring toward 17 million and transaction prices at record highs, the dealer-factory meetings set for this week in San Francisco threaten to break out into hug fests.
January 14, 2015
- General Motors' move to steer all Cadillac and GMC/Buick lease incentive money to GM Financial as part of the captive's ongoing buildup was welcome news for dealers, dealers say.