June 18, 2013
- 'Voluntary campaign' resolves tiff with NHTSA; GM goes dark on production data; Suzuki safety probe; rise of the 'mega-platforms.'.
June 17, 2013
- After two-year drought, off-lease cars flowing back to dealerships; Chrysler sweetens 'stair steps'; Honda's electric-car apology..
- Move follows drops in quality ratings; GM widens SUV recall; Wilbur Ross taking IAC public; Chrysler SRT brand in spotlight..
- Circuit board in door the cause.
June 14, 2013
- Ford expecting sharp growth in premium small cars and crossovers; Toyota's latest legal step; Garmin's cockpit for cars..
June 13, 2013
- Runtime: 6:54 General Motor’s head of global product says the automaker is on track to consolidate its global platforms. Automakers look for new ways to reduce weight and one area where it really adds up is with the windows. The Autoextremist, Peter De Lorenzo shares his thoughts on how Cadillac should market itself. All that [...]
- Return to investment grade expected 'within the year'; Toyota Supra reborn?; Eaton: No sale; BMW's electric game-changer..
June 12, 2013
- Electric vehicles take on an 80 percent charge in 20 minutes; Focus Electric built in Germany; economy to help popular hybrid hit sales goal.
- Runtime: 7:32 Toyota doesn’t expect to regain the peak market share it once held in the U.S. Even though Nissan’s full-size pickups have the options Americans want, they seem to be bolted to showroom floors. Detroit’s iconic Packard plant is up for auction this September. All that and more, plus a look how Chevy’s all-new [...]
June 11, 2013
- Study shows connected car services can boost owner loyalty; Lithia acquires Oregon stores; Chevy expands its soccer footprint..
- Runtime: 7:27 Reports say the Eaton Corporation may sell off its automotive components group to concentrate on areas outside the industry. Honda and Nissan slashed their EV prices recently and it was only a matter of time before Chevy followed suit. Later this week at the Tokyo Toy Show, Toyota will debut a new battery [...]
- Plug-in EV stacking up; GM reassigns manufacturing chief; Eaton said mulling auto-unit sale; Dart recall; Sonic's eye on iPads..
June 10, 2013
- N.A. assembly expected to reach 11-year high; study says new products bolster market share; GM holds pricing on lame-duck models.
June 7, 2013
- Chrysler is going out on a limb. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has ordered the company to recall 2.7 million Jeeps, but they aren’t budging. The problem is that even if Chrysler wins in court, it may tarnish its safety record in the public eye. We’ll be debating that hot topic along with a raft of other items. May car sales look to be back on trend, the Chevrolet Malibu gets a quickie redo, plus the sporty SS gets priced out just below $45K. Joining John McElroy in studio...
- Over-the-air upgrades mean no need to visit dealer; Hyundai EV ahead; Buick's blue lights special?; Lapham's 'cloud' concern..