May 24, 2013
- If you haven't noticed, Cadillac is back up to form, producing some standout sport sedans, with its ATS and CTS models—and of course the top-performance CTS-V. Yet it's worth remembering that those bold, brash sport sedans don't exactly appeal to the heart of the luxury market. And for all the Cadillac who might shrug when you...
May 23, 2013
- Chevrolet Cruze diesel, just now on sale, is both quickest, most fuel-efficient of the lot.
- But the Spark EV will only be on sale in two states
May 22, 2013
- Officials from the National Weather Service say the tornado that ripped through Oklahoma on Monday was one of the strongest on record, with winds topping 200 miles per hour. It will be days -- if not weeks -- before damage estimates are finalized, but what's abundantly clear is that the storm left the community of Moore in shambles, with dozens...
May 21, 2013
- The plot of Mad Men, the hit AMC show about a 1960s advertising agency, is revolving in part these days around the Chevrolet Vega, a compact car that developed a reputation for burning oil, blowing gaskets, rusting rapidly and generally falling apart.
May 20, 2013
- General Motors Monday unveiled its new Student Corps program designed to give 110 Detroit-area high school students paid summer internships which includes service, education and mentoring.
- The Subaru Forester is the brand's smaller mid-size crossover, slated below the Outback, but above the XV Crosstrek. A tall wagon with good ground clearance and a pragmatic take on styling and utility, the Forester is new for the 2014 model year. It competes with models like the Honda CR-V, Chevrolet Equinox and Toyota RAV4. See our 2014 Subaru...
- In this week's installment of AMC's "Mad Men" Don Draper obsesses over the firm's advertising work for Chevrolet as the company prepares to launch a car known internally as the XP-887. We know it today as the Chevy Vega, and many critics consider in it one of the worst cars that ever rolled down an assembly line.
May 18, 2013
- Dan Akerson also says it soon will improve its bond rating to investment grade
- GM paid special attention to smoothness, quietness in redesign of full-size 2014 pickups.
- The Ford Mustang is a known quantity. For Americans who care about cars or those who don't, it's likely the Mustang conjures up memories and associations. And like other muscle-car reincarnations like the Chevy Camaro and Dodge Challenger, it takes some of the look, and the sound, of the old pony cars, yet it lives in the present. The...
May 15, 2013
- It's a lot of power in a small package
- If you haven't shopped for a full-size truck in a few years, it's possible you've missed that there's a war going on. With each redesign, these light-duty pickups—like the Ford F-150, the Chevy Silverado 1500, the GMC Sierra 1500, and even the 2013 Ram 1500 SLT that we're driving now for 30 days of up-close coverage—have towing and...
May 14, 2013
- Choose a domestic-brand car, like the 2013 Dodge Dart or 2013 Ford Fusion, and you might actually be in love. That's what the latest study results from the market-research firm Strategic Vision suggest. The Dart, along with the Chrysler Town & Country, Dodge Durango, Buick Enclave, Chevrolet Traverse, Chrysler 200 Convertible, Ford Fusion, and...
- neral Motors Co. and Nissan Motor Co. said they agreed to an arrangement under which Nissan will build a small cargo van for Chevrolet called the City Express, which is expected to go on sale late next year.