June 3, 2013
- The Detroit-based automaker Monday reported sales of 252,894 vehicles in the U.S. in May, up 3 percent compared with a year ago. Retail sales increased 9 percent, fleet sales were down 10 percent and the fleet mix was 26 percent of total sales, according to GM.
- The luxury brand’s year-to-date sales increase of 38 percent will be the brand’s largest since 1976, making the 110-year old brand the fastest growing major automotive brand in the U.S., according to the Detroit-based automaker.
- With sales averaging more than 2.1 million units a year since 2007, the midsize sedan segment is extremely important to U.S. automakers. That importance was highlighted Friday when General Motors Co. debuted its refreshed 2014 Chevrolet Malibu only a year after the fully redesigned 2013 model was arriving in dealerships.
June 1, 2013
- The 2014 Chevy Malibu features updated styling, a revised interior, suspension enhancements and a new 2.5-liter standard engine estimated to deliver fuel economy of 23 city and 35 highway – a 5-percent improvement in city mileage and 3-percent greater highway efficiency from the 2013 model.
May 31, 2013
- The Indy Dual in Detroit races are part of the Chevrolet Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix weekend of racing that started today. Reuss, a lifelong racing enthusiast, will drive the Pace Car for both Indy Dual races.
- When you're prepping a car to make runways blasts at the Texas Mile, you're going to be curious about how much power the vehicle is making. One competitor is Kelly Bise, and his vehicle of choice is a F-Body Chevrolet Camaro. Not a stock Camaro, mind you. Per Autoblog, this particular car is powered by an engine which benefits from the addition of...
- General Motors has revealed an updated version of its 4-door Chevrolet Malibu, an unexpectedly rapid “refresh” of the midsize sedan that reflects the less than stellar reception it has received since its introduction last year. TheDetroitBureau.com takes a look at the 2014 update.
- The vehicle, which GM is set to officially unveil Friday morning, features updated styling, a revised interior, suspension enhancements and a new 2.5-liter standard engine estimated to deliver fuel economy of 23 city and 35 highway – a 5-percent improvement in city mileage and 3-percent greater highway efficiency from the 2013 model.
- The Chevrolet Malibu, an also-ran in the popular midsize car segment, shows off a quick makeover on Friday that is expected to address criticism of its bland styling and so-so performance.
May 30, 2013
- IndyCar's Simona de Silvestro, driver of the #78 KV Racing Technology Chevrolet, yesterday visited General Motors’ Detroit-Hamtramck plant to witness some of the first Cadillac ELR extended-range electric coupes roll off the line. The Swiss racing driver is currently in Detroit for the city’s Belle Isle Detroit Grand Prix taking place...
- You’re looking at the latest flagship from Holden tuner HSV, the 2013 GTS super sedan, which is based on the Australian VF-series Holden Commodore that’s due to go on sale later this year in U.S. showrooms as the 2014 Chevrolet SS. The GTS, which packs a supercharged 6.2-liter LSA V-8 engine, has just been confirmed for sale in the...
May 29, 2013
- Director Michael Bay has confirmed that Transformers 4 will feature a new cast including Mark Wahlberg, but it appears some new vehicles will also join the Autobots on the big screen. According to photos posted to the official Transformers Facebook fan page today, it appears the new 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray and the Bugatti Veyron Grand...
- The 2014 Ford Fiesta ST offers an impressive combination of performance and price, outdoing the Fiat 500 Abarth, Chevy Sonic RS, and Mini Cooper S on the numbers, and, based on our first driving impressions, possibly on the road as well. Ford this morning confirmed several choice statistics about the Fiesta ST, though without getting into...
- Chevrolet has teamed up with Hot Wheels once again, this time to organize a tour that will see a number of the automaker’s performance cars, including some Hot Wheels specials, take part in a road trip designed to kick off the summer cruising season. Called the Hot Rod Power Tour, the trip will start this Saturday, in Arlington, Texas, and...
- GMC aims to cover all the bases with the new Sierra 1500 Denali it is introducing this coming autumn, giving it a new face, an upgraded interior – and a lot more power. The Sierra SLT, meanwhile will feature a new 6.2-liter V-8 able to haul up to a 12,000 pound trailer, reports TheDetroitBureau.com.