June 30, 2015
- The all-new, sixth-generation Ford Mustang has been out for a bit now, and it's selling well. So well, in fact, that it recently overtook its arch rival the Chevrolet Camaro in the sales war for the first time since 2009, when the fift-gen Camaro landed. Through the first five months of 2015, the Ford Motor Company [NYSE:F] has sold 56,571...
- In a move that signals another round of trouble for automakers operating in the Venezuela, General Motors expects to record a pre-tax charge of approximately $600 million due to the company’s devaluation of its currency. Get the details at TheDetroitBureau.com.
June 29, 2015
- Hyundai is stepping up to the big time: it just took over as the primary automotive sponsor for the National Football League. The four-year deal, worth a reported $200 million, allows the maker to take over for General Motors. For details, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- The number of approved death compensation claims related to a recall of a faulty General Motors ignition switch has risen to 119, compared to a total of 117 one week earlier.
- Come 2016, buyers in the market for a small sports sedan with a touch of luxury are going to be spoiled for choice. In addition to the existing Cadillac ATS, Lexus IS and Mercedes-Benz C-Class, all impressive cars in their own right, we’ll see the arrival of an updated BMW 3-Series plus all-new contenders in the form of the Alfa Romeo Giulia...
- Alfa Romeo’s new Giulia small sedan is causing quite the storm, especially because the small sports sedan has so far only been shown in its high-performance Quadrifoglio trim. The car features a twin-turbocharged V-6 engine developed by Ferrari and produces a class-leading 510 horsepower. It goes on sale in Europe towards the end of the year...
- Completely naked. Cadillac's forthcoming XT5 crossover SUV was spotted totally uncovered and without camouflage in New York City..
- Cadillac managed to do a pretty good job of keeping its upcoming SRX replacement under wraps, but now the vehicle has been spotted completely undisguised on the streets of New York City. This photo and another showing the rear of the vehicle were posted to the Opposite Lock forum by member Saw930. Importantly, the shot of the rear confirms that...
- General Motors Company [NYSE:GM] has confirmed it will invest $245 million in its Orion Assembly plant located just outside of Detroit to support the launch of an all-new vehicle program that will be “unlike anything in the plant’s 32-year history.” Understandably, one would naturally assume GM is hinting at production of the...
- The all-new Chevrolet Cruze has been touted by General Motors as a compact car with full-size attitude.
- It's lighter, it's quicker, it's more fuel-efficient, and yet, the 2016 Chevrolet Cruze is also larger than its predecessor.
- General Motors will unveil its all-new, 2016 Chevrolet Cruze Wednesday night at The Fillmore in Detroit.
- Chevrolet on Wednesday pulled the cloak off the drop-top version of its all-new, 2016 Camaro.
- Chevrolet is touting the forthcoming 2016 Cruze as lighter yet larger, and with new technologies and powertrains.
- General Motors' best-selling vehicle in the U.S. is reportedly getting some cosmetic upgrades for the 2016 model year.