February 10, 2015
- The 2016 Cadillac ATS-V promises to pack some serious performance punch in a stylish, luxurious package—and now you can order your very own, starting today. The Dubai police fleet has decided to strut its stuff with lights flashing and engines roaring—and it’s a truly impressive, if somewhat terrifying, display. If you’ve...
- Despite the passing of the Jan. 31 deadline to file claims, the number of claims – and deaths – associated with General Motors’ vehicles with faulty ignition switches continued to rise this week, including the number of deaths, which now stands at 52. For more, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- Cadillac dealers have begun accepting orders for the ATS-V, which General Motors has billed as the brand's inaugural luxury compact performance car.
- The hottest new sedan from Cadillac is almost here: the order books for the 2016 Cadillac ATS-V are now open. While we’ll have to wait another month or so to get our hands on one (and shake it around by the scruff of the neck), those looking to purchase their own ATS-V can now get a place in line. DON'T MISS: Hear The 2016 Cadillac ATS-V...
- For those who want a compact track with the sort of rugged capabilities normally associated with full-size models, Chevrolet plans to roll out the Colorado GearOn Edition at the Chicago Auto Show later this week. A closer look from TheDetroitBureau.com.
February 9, 2015
- With deadline to file passed, the number of approved death compensation claims related to a recall of a faulty General Motors ignition switch has risen to 52.
- It was the best of times. It was the worst of times … or, when describing General Motors’ sales results in China last month, it was a subpar time. GM sales in China fell 2.4% in January while Ford hit a record number with a 19% jump. For more, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- The 2016 Chevrolet Camaro won’t be a dramatic departure from the current car in its styling; that’s already been confirmed by insiders working on the project. But it will differ in many of the details, and one of those details is the headlights. It’s not clear how the headlights, posted to Camaro5 forums, were acquired, or if...
- Chevrolet will roll out a much-awaited update of its midsize Equinox crossover later this week, and is offering a little tease of what we can expect to blow into the Windy City. More from TheDetroitBureau.com.
- After the horrendous sinkhole that opened last year and swallowed a handful of priceless Corvettes, the enthusiast community was shocked and saddened. Now, that sinkhole has been filled, hopefully side-stepping any future collectible Corvette tragedy. ALSO SEE: Wife Demolishes Cheating Husband’s Audi R8: Not So Fast, Definitely Furious The...
- The new Equinox will be unveiled just a few weeks after General Motors announced the model's sales rose a respectable 34 percent year-over-year in the U.S. in January.
February 6, 2015
- GM will launch production of its Bolt battery-electric vehicle at a plant near Detroit in autumn 2016, sources confirmed. The 5-door electric could be a breakout, expected to deliver 200-miles of range for around $30,000. More from TheDetroitBureau.com.
- The Chevrolet Bolt EV concept unveiled by General Motors last month at the Detroit auto show will reportedly not be just a concept much longer.
- Following the sudden departure of Gerry Dorizas after just eight months in the head role at Holden, the Australian subsidiary of General Motors Company [NYSE:GM] has now announced that veteran GM exec Mark Bernhard will now take up the reigns. Importantly, he will be the first Australian to run Holden in 25 years. Bernhard first joined Holden in...
February 5, 2015
- General Motors is proud of the Buick Avenir, but that doesn't mean it has any plans to actually send the Avenir concept into production.