January 12, 2015
- Hot on the heels of the all-new 2016 Chevrolet Volt unveiled this morning at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show comes a new concept that signals the bowtie brand’s new pure electric strategy. It’s called the Bolt EV, and it’s a preview of a new battery-powered electric car due from General Motors Company [NYSE:GM] in the next couple of...
- In one of the big surprises at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show, Buick has unveiled a striking, retro-future flagship sedan concept. And, as TheDetroitBureau.com reports, a production model based on the Buick Avenir is all but certain to follow.
- General Motors on Monday showed off what direction its alternative fuel vehicle are headed in, unveiling the production model 2016 Chevrolet Volt and the Chevrolet Bolt EV concept at the 2015 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
- Chevrolet’s second-generation Volt extended-range electric sedan has finally landed, making its debut in Detroit on the eve of the city’s annual auto show. The new Volt goes on sale later this year as a 2016 model and brings with it a much sleeker and sexier shape as well as an improved powertrain. Thanks to a completely revised...
- GM sparked plenty of interest with the 2010 debut of its first plug-in hybrid. Now it's back with the gen-2, 2016 Chevrolet Volt. TheDetroitBureau.com has a closer look - and plenty of inside details.
- Buick pulled the wraps of a new concept car dubbed the Avenir, a concept car that suggests what a new flagship Buick could look like, the Avenir is a big all-wheel drive sedan with American swagger. Simply put, in person, this concept car is gorgeous. The word Avenir is French for future, and that's exactly what this concept points to according to...
January 11, 2015
- Buick unveiled Sunday what a concept sedan that it says will set the course for General Motors brand's design and tehcnological direciton going forward.
- Buick has unveiled the 2016 Cascada, the first drop-top vehicle for the brand in the U.S. in 25 years.
- Buick’s efforts to ditch its stodgy and staid reputation took another step forward today as it rolled out its first convertible in 25 years: the 2016 Cascada, which will go on sale early next year.
- First came the Chevrolet Volt, now comes the Chevy Bolt. Even as GM gets ready to reveal the Gen-2 version of its plug-in hybrid, it also plans to launch an all-new battery-electric vehicle that could deliver 200 miles range at barely $30,000. More on this unexpected breakthrough from TheDetroitBureau.com.
- Buick has finally confirmed one of the past year’s worst kept secrets—that Opel’s ultra-chic Cascada convertible is destined to be sold in the U.S. At this week’s 2015 Detroit Auto Show, Buick will show its version of the Cascada, which we’re glad to report looks almost identical to its European cousin. The Cascada...
January 10, 2015
- GMC is looking to expand the appeal of its recently introduced Canyon midsized truck with its new Nightfall Edition. The new truck boasts a blacked-out grille and black assist steps plus other features buyers of the new truck have been adding as options, according to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- General Motors could unveil an 2017 model electric vehicle concept with 200 miles of electric range Monday at the 2015 North American International Auto Show, according to multiple reports.
January 8, 2015
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration slapped Honda was slapped with $70 million in fines for failing to report problems with its vehicles. It is the highest fine ever, supplanting the $35 million agreed to by General Motors, according to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- It’s looking like 2014 was a bumper year for luxury automakers, with many reporting record sales for the period. One of these was Bentley, which reported sales of 11,020 cars during the past year, a 9 percent increase on the 10,120 it sold in 2013. MUST SEE: Mid-Engined Chevrolet Corvette Spy Shots By comparison, main rival Rolls-Royce...