November 30, 2013
- If you didn’t find what you wanted for the Chevy Corvette enthusiast in your family for the holidays, General Motors Co. has you covered. The Detroit-based automaker recently released a top 10 list of “Ways to Give the Gift of Corvette” – ranging from toys for children to a $12 Corvette Stingray rollerball pen and $77,450 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition Convertible.
November 29, 2013
- Muscle cars and pony cars have never been the most sophisticated of things. For most of their history, they've relied on great looks and brute force--and captivated hearts and minds as a result. More recently though, things have changed. Customers want their cars to go around corners too, so Mustangs, Challengers and Camaros have become more...
November 27, 2013
- The first special edition Corvette Stingray has been launched, helping to mark the start of the holiday season as well as the sales launch of the car’s convertible variant. The special edition comes in the Corvette Stingray’s range-topping 3LT trim, and only 550 examples will be built. A day after announcing that production of its...
- Hoping to build momentum in what is rapidly becoming the world’s largest luxury car market, Cadillac is introducing its compact ATS model into China where it will join the bigger XTS model introduced earlier in the year. More from TheDetroitBureau.com.
- To mark the sales launch of its 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible and get the holiday season going, Chevrolet is launching a new special edition. The new special edition is called the “Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition Convertible” and it will be produced in a limited run of just 550 cars. It is based on the Corvette Stingray...
- Tis the season for putting together lists and General Motors' Mary Barra sits atop the Most Powerful Women in the automotive industry list compiled by Fortune magazine. In fact, GM execs took three of the first five spots and a former GM exec was No. 3. For more about the list, go to TheDetroitBureau.com
November 26, 2013
- Cadillac’s award-winning ATS sedan is about to spawn its first spinoff, an ATS Coupe, which will make its debut in January at the Detroit Auto Show. The new coupe, which will target the likes of the Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe and new BMW 4-Series, will eventually go on sale in the summer, as a 2015 model. The information was first reported...
- When released next year, the 2015 Chevy Colorado will mark a new era of pickups for General Motors Co. in the U.S. The midsize pickup, which the Detroit-based automaker unveiled at the 2013 LA Auto Show, will attempt to not only compete in the segment, but lead it.
November 25, 2013
- Cadillac has traditionally had some striking coupes in its line-up, and the maker is working up some significant, new 2-door designs -- including a coupe version of the compact ATS due to debut at the Detroit Auto Show in January. TheDetroitBureau.com has the details.
November 24, 2013
- Here's a look at some of the hottest convertibles from this year's show that will hopefully make their way to the 2013 North American International Auto Show in Detroit. The vehicles range from a $1.1 million “vehicle” called the Youabian Puma to Motor City muscle like the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette and Shelby GT 500.
November 21, 2013
- Chevrolet has enlisted illusionist Criss Angel to give consumers ''the ride of their life'' in a Sonic RS. The subcompact will be featured in an episode of Angels' ''BeLIEve'' – set to air in early-December on Spike TV.
- The two new sedans may actually sound familiar to some consumers. Chevrolet already offers the Sonic RS as a hatchback and the Sonic Dusk was shown as a concept in 2011. In October 2012, GM said it would make the Dusk into a production vehicle.
- The U.S. government expects to sell the last of its stake in General Motors by the end of the year, bringing an end to a sad chapter in the 105-year-old auto giant's history.
- The U.S. Treasury has accelerated its plans to sell off its remaining shares in General Motors. It plans to shed its final 31.1 million shares by Dec. 31. The government is expected to post a loss exceeding $10 billion on bailout package. For more about its plans, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- If you don't think you'll be able to make it to this year's LA Auto Show, MLive has you covered with everything you need to know from the Detroit Three, including photo galleries of Dodge's centennial editions and the unveilings of the Edge concept and 2015 Colorado.