July 10, 2014
- Effective immediately, Bob Ferguson is leaving his position as senior vice president of global Cadillac to once again serve as senior vice president of global public policy.
- If you've ever wanted a rock star's Ferrari or a muscle car once owned by the coolest guy in Hollywood, then Auctions America’s Burbank sale at the end of July could be one worth attending. Among lots at this year's auction are a 1990 Ferrari F40 formerly owned by Rod Stewart, and Steve McQueen's 1970 Chevrolet El Camino SS 396. MUST SEE...
July 9, 2014
- General Motors Co. CEO Mary Barra will return to Capitol Hill next week with other prominent officials to discuss the automaker's delayed ignition switch recall that has been linked to at least 13 deaths.
- Cadillac has revealed its updated 2015 ATS sedan, which features new styling up front, more power for its available turbocharged engine, and a few new tech goodies. Sales commence late this summer. Porsche is working on an update for its Boxster, which we’re expecting to be introduced for the 2017 model year. Today we have the first spy...
- Cadillac’s ATS sedan is still relatively new on the market, having been introduced only in 2013. Nevertheless, the stylish sedan has come in for an update for its 2015 model year, although the changes are hard to spot. The most noticeable is at the front, with the 2015 ATS adopting Cadillac’s latest crest logo, which comes sans the...
July 8, 2014
- The ticket packages all include four tickets to the match and pre-game access, but then offer different experiences – from a "Red Devil Package" that includes a game worn Manchester United shirt to an "Ultimate Manchester United Fan Experience" that includes a signed, game worn shirt, meet and greet, opening training session attendance, on-field mascot escorting player on field (7-13 year old), and four tickets to a match at Old Trafford Stadium in England.
- General Motors, Ford and their joint venture partners posted record sales in China for the first half of the 2014, capping off the period with a strong showing in June. GM’s sales in China in the first six months increased 10.5% from last year’s previous record while Ford China reported a 35% increase. To get all the info, head over to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- Ford Motor Co. and General Motors Co. continued substantial growth in China through the first half of 2014.
July 7, 2014
- General Motors' deadly ignition switch flaws emerged from an effort to improve its cars.
- Chevrolet is finally launching one of its boldest and most controversial marketing efforts as the maker unveils Manchester United's new home shirt, sporting the Chevy logo. As part of Chevrolet's partnership with the Manchester United, fans can try on the new shirt with the Chevy logo digitally at www.ChevroletFC.com, according to TheDetroitBureau.com.
July 2, 2014
- George Talley’s automotive world came full circle yesterday on Jefferson Avenue in downtown Detroit with his 1979 Chevrolet Corvette. The 'Vette, which was stolen 33 years ago and found in Mississippi in early June, was returned to him by General Motors in a ceremony at its headquarters. For more, head over to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- The legal morass surrounding General Motors continues to get deeper, the DA of California's populous Orange County filing a new lawsuit accusing GM of hiding defects and engaging in false advertising and unfair competition. TheDetroitBureau.com has the story.
- General Motors has released a teaser for a new Buick crossover set to debut in China later this year, most likely at the 2014 Guangzhou Auto Show in November. The new crossover is called the Envision, a name General Motors Company [NYSE:GM] used for a concept version unveiled back in 2011, and it will sit between the Encore and Enclave in Buick's...
July 1, 2014
- Overall June was another stellar month for U.S. automakers, General Motors faced positives and negatives. The automaker’s sweeping recalls managed to divert attention away from the troubles at Cadillac and its flat sales, to post a 1% overall increase. Most other automakers saw sales jumps too. To get the details, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- George Talley appeared flabbergasted Tuesday morning in downtown Detroit. For the first time in 33 years, the 71-year-old Vietnam veteran started his 1979 Chevrolet Corvette, which was stolen from him along Detroit's Jefferson Avenue in 1981.