October 8, 2014
- A new generation of the Chevrolet Camaro is just around the corner but that doesn’t mean the current model should be overlooked, as it’s still one of the best performance bargains available today, especially in SS trim. For this year’s SEMA, which takes place early next month, Chevy will be presenting this special edition 2015...
October 7, 2014
- The number of approved death compensation claims related to a recall of a faulty General Motors ignition switch now stands at 24, up from 19 last month.
- The number of deaths associated with General Motors' faulty ignition switch rose to 24 after another claim was approved last week. Initially, GM believed the switch was responsible for 13 deaths, but as claims have been filed with Kenneth Feinberg, the administrator of GM’s fund, the number has nearly doubled, according to TheDetroitBureau.com.
October 6, 2014
- With a new wave of trucks and full-size sport utility vehicles now its showrooms, Chevrolet is battling perceptions that its the flow from its product pipeline is slowing to a trickle. Chevy is pushing into a new segment with the introduction of a new compact utility vehicle the Chevrolet Trax. To find out more about it, please go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
- Johan De Nysschen became chief of Global Cadillac in August, and last month General Motors announced it is spinning the luxury brand off into a separate business unit while opening new global headquarters in Manhattan's SoHo district.
- General Motors Company [NYSE:GM] currently uses 26 platforms for its variety of vehicles sold all over the globe, but under the leadership of new CEO Mary Barra the American auto giant could see the number of core platforms reduced to just four by 2025. We say core platforms as specialty vehicles like the Chevrolet Corvette and some heavy-duty...
October 4, 2014
- The 2014 Paris Auto Show at the concepts and cars making their debuts have dominated much of the automotive airwaves this week, Chevy’s Corvette Z06 shows off some of its technology, Ralph Gilles shows what a real muscle car can do, and Project Binky comes ever closer to fruition—it’s The Week In Reverse, right here at Motor...
October 3, 2014
- General Motors is adding another 524,000 vehicles to its seemingly never-ending tally of recalled cars and trucks. The latest actions put the maker just shy of 30 million vehicles since the beginning of the year. The maker is recalling more than 410,000 Cadillac SRX SUVs globally. For details, please click on TheDetroitBureau.com.
- General Motors has issued another recall, the latest one spanning 524,384 cars and trucks with model years ranging from 2010 to 2015, including about 380,000 cars in the U.S.
- Last week, Cadillac's chief Johan de Nysscshen made the surprise announcement that the brand’s cars will all start using the CT name, with the first model to use the new naming strategy destined to be a new full-size sedan set for reveal early next year. The new sedan will be called the CT6, where the numerical component represents the...
- Even in the often-weird world of automotive executives, Elon Musk stands out. Recently on Twitter, Musk offered a teaser and an image—but what it’s about, no one is quite sure. The Tesla Motors [NSDQ:TSLA] CEO’s words were simple, though cryptic: “About time to unveil the D and something else.” DON'T MISS: 2015 Chevy...
October 2, 2014
- Earlier this week we were treated to the sight of the all-new, 650-hp 2015 Chevy Corvette Z06 as it ran the Nürburgring Nordschleife. Then we got the performance stats to confirm a portion of its ability. Now we have this image of the Z06 crashed at Hatzenbach. It can’t all be good news, after all. MUST SEE: Lamborghini Pranksters Get...
- It is the fastest production car GM has ever tested at its 2.9-mile Milford Race Course, the automaker says.
- The state of Michigan recognized seven General Motors plants as Neighborhood Environmental Partners on Wednesday for continued efforts to promote energy efficiency, resource preservation and waste reduction.
- Two years in a row General Motors officials and Flint Assembly Local 598 have celebrated a big victory for heavy duty trucks made in Flint.