March 11, 2015
- While 50 mph doesn’t sound like much for a top speed, and a Cadillac Deville filled with water doesn’t sound like much of a top-speed car, the Carpool Deville is the world’s fastest—hot tub, that is. Unofficially. ALSO SEE: Top Gear’s Jeremy Clarkson Suspended By BBC For Alleged Punch Thrown, No Show This Week As we...
- The forthcoming 2016 Chevrolet Malibu has been "battle tested" according to General Motors, which released a teaser video of the soon-to-be-unveiled sedan Wednesday.
- The cost of General Motors’ just-announced share-buyback is likely going to be steeper than $5 billion it’ll spend on the stock due to a ripple effect that could end up hurting the company’s credit rating. To find out how, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
March 10, 2015
- General Motors announced Monday it is buying back $5 billion in shares, effective immediately, and concluding the share repurchase before the end of the year.
- What does it take to build a classic Chevy Corvette up from a bone-stock example into a professional show-quality special? About 48 hours, if you’re Ridetech. MUST SEE: Top Gear’s Jeremy Clarkson Suspended By BBC, No Show This Week This live stream shows the team as it works to repeat the feat of its 48-hour Camaro build, which took...
- General Motors will debut an all-new, 2016 Chevrolet Spark in both New York and Seoul, South Korea on April 2.
March 9, 2015
- The number of approved death compensation claims related to a recall of a faulty General Motors ignition switch has risen to 64.
- Chevrolet plans to take the wraps off the new 2016 Spark – twice, with a dual debut scheduled at the upcoming auto shows in New York and Seoul. TheDetroitBureau.com has more.
- General Motors will buy back $5 billion in share as part of a deal reached with activist investor Harry J. Wilson. The figure falls short of the original $8 bil demand, and Wilson has withdrawn his request for a GM board seat. TheDetroitBureau.com looks at the deal and how shareholders are reacting.
March 6, 2015
- The Acura MDX has been one of the top-rated, three-row crossover SUVs since it was new in 2001. It was just redesigned in the 2014 model year—but Acura is at it again for 2016, with more changes to keep the MDX on par with crossovers like the Buick Enclave and all-new Volvo XC90 going into 2016. ALSO SEE: 2016 Acura MDX Gets Nine-Speed Auto...
- Just as General Motors and Tesla aim for more accessible electric cars, Aston Martin is showing what can be done on the higher end.
- Opel brand had a hot new vehicle to introduce during the Geneva Motor Show, but it opened with the news it would launch GM’s OnStar telematics service in vehicles this fall opening a new discussion about privacy issues. To see more, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
March 5, 2015
- Starting in mid-April, the new Chevrolet Colorado will be available without a box.
- The Ford Motor Company’s [NYSE:F] new GT supercar isn’t due to go on sale until late next year but we already have an idea how much it’s going to cost. Unless you can afford something like a Lamborghini Aventador, you had best look elsewhere. Infiniti’s QX30 concept has made its debut at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show. The...
- Chevrolet’s current Malibu was all-new for the 2013 model year but after a lackluster sales performance some updates were rushed for 2014. Unfortunately, one of the car’s biggest drawbacks, a lack of room in the rear, will have to wait until a full redesign. The good news is that the redesign is coming much sooner than we first...