June 9, 2015
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles CEO Sergio Marchionne is keen on a merger. General Motors is not.
- No dice. Those two words may best summarize General Motors response to Sergio Marchionne's ongoing merger proposals. GM CEO Mary Barra said the company isn't interested in a tie-up and has a plan focused on shareholders. For more, go to TheDetroitBureau.com.
June 8, 2015
- A recent study released by American University shows that General Motors has the highest U.S. contented vehicles for 2015. In fact, GM, Ford and Fiat Chrysler were the top three companies for U.S. content. Check out the results at TheDetroitBureau.com.
- The number of approved death compensation claims related to a recall of a faulty General Motors ignition switch has risen to 111.
June 5, 2015
- All dealers sell you bits and pieces designed to make your car a little bit more yours. This also help bring in a bit of extra cash as well. At the Chevrolet website, you can enter your vehicle information and see what might be available for your ride. If you have a Chevrolet SS, there are a handful of items to choose from... and some of them bear...
- Corvette chief engineer Tadge Juechter was answering questions posed to him by members of the Corvette Forum recently. One user looked to set Juechter up with a question that was a bit loaded. The Corvette main man, however, delivered a pretty perfect answer. It was the end of his answer though that really let a bit of surprise information slip...
- Those gloriously fluffy rings of fried, glazed dough aren’t the only donuts we’re celebrating on National Donut Day. We also love the stinky, smoky, rubbery kind. So does NASCAR and the Chevy SS. And there is, after all, nothing quite so American as an oval track car with a brawny V-8 banging out victory donuts. So if you get a chance...
- Bryan Nesbitt, most famous for his work on the Chrysler PT Cruiser, has returned to the States to head up Buick’s design team. The American spent the last four years leading the design team at General Motors Company’s [NYSE:GM] International Operations, based in Shanghai, China, and is taking over from Mark Adams, who was leading the...
June 4, 2015
- General Motors’ sales in China dipped for the second consecutive month under the weight of increased competition from domestic and international brands, model changeovers and the slowing pace of economic growth in China. TheDetroitBureau.com has the details.
- General Motors and its joint ventures' sales dropped 4 percent to 252,567 vehicles last month in China, its second straight month of declines there.
- Chevrolet has released the first of what is likely to be a running series of teaser images and dripped out details for the next-generation Cruze sedan it will formal unveil later this month. TheDetroitBureau digs a bit deeper and reveals more about the 2016 Chevy Cruze.
- Mercedes-Benz’s SLK is about to undergo its mid-cycle update, and along with a few visual tweaks and a name change to SLC, the car will also be receiving a new AMG Sport variant. Today we have the first spy shots of the AMG Sport variant, which is likely to be badged an SLC450 and come with a twin-turbocharged V-6. Chevrolet has dropped the...
- Chevrolet’s second-generation Cruze sedan is coming this month, and already we can tell you the car will be quite the technological leap over its predecessor, a car that managed to sell more than 3.5 million times around the world since its 2008 Paris Auto Show debut. For starters, the new Cruze is based on General Motors Company’s...
June 3, 2015
- Ahead of the launch of its best-selling car later this month, Chevrolet is touting the forthcoming 2016 Cruze as lighter yet larger, and with new technologies and powertrains.
- The net cast by lawyers directing the class-action lawsuits against General Motors related to the faulty ignition switches just got a little wider as they announced former CEO Rick Wagoner will be deposed in September. Get the details at TheDetroitBureau.com.