May 21, 2013
- It also has an electromechanical dog… and an adorable deer.
- The plot of Mad Men, the hit AMC show about a 1960s advertising agency, is revolving in part these days around the Chevrolet Vega, a compact car that developed a reputation for burning oil, blowing gaskets, rusting rapidly and generally falling apart.
- Will Power scorched around Belle Isle on Monday as if there were a championship or trophy at stake. The Team Penske ace was giving rides to Motor City journalists in a Chevy Camaro pace car and left plenty of sweaty palms and hearts pumping fast.
- Chevrolet brought some more attention to its role in "Mad Men" on Twitter after last night's episode.
- Chevrolet entered this week in a big way with the introduction of "The Classic Is Back," a nostalgia-infused look at the redesigned 2014 Impala.
- U.S. automaker says it's catching up in quality; Ford 4-banger forecast; Chevy plays along with 'Mad Men' plot.
May 20, 2013
- U.S. automaker says it's catching in quality; Ford 4-banger forecast; Chevy plays along with 'Mad Men' plot..
- While we realize the majority of full-size truck buyers are predisposed towards their favorite brand, the 2014 Chevy Silverado makes a compelling case for itself. From its sophisticated-yet-easy-to-use infotainment system to its surprisingly refined interior, the 2014 Silverado deserves serious consideration from the brand faithful and cross-shoppers alike.
- GM: Chevy better in horsepower, torque, MPG; GM wants back in 'club'; Hellcat for Chrysler; Nissan-Mitsubishi minicar.
- It's been a while since Chevrolet offered its Corvette with green paint - well over a decade, in fact. We've known for a while that the new C7 Stingray would be available in Lime Rock Green, but haven't seen it up until now in anything but the antiseptic studio shots offered up on the Corvette's configurator. Well, we can now cross it off the list - at least online - as the first production example has been caught on video at the Lone Star Classic Corvette show by the folks at NCM Insurance....
- That the electrifying opening -- a dark, tight, frantic shot of Ken Cosgrove; a speeding carful of drunken, jowly old men; and a gun -- was not even the strangest moment in last night's "Mad Men" episode tells you just how bizarre it was.In "The Crash," drugs, sex and late 60s psycho-spiritual mumbo-jumbo dominate, and not just as historical decorations. These themes actually wend their way into the agency's work. Time and place are out of whack and the characters are rambling, their lines both...
- GM: Chevy better in horsepower, torque, MPG; GM wants back in 'club'; Hellcat for Chrysler; Nissan-Mitsubishi minicar..
- The first thing you should know about the 2014 Chevrolet Impala is it’s a head turner. Within days of driving the new full-size sedan, three people stopped me to compliment or talk about the vehicle.
- In this week's installment of AMC's "Mad Men" Don Draper obsesses over the firm's advertising work for Chevrolet as the company prepares to launch a car known internally as the XP-887. We know it today as the Chevy Vega, and many critics consider in it one of the worst cars that ever rolled down an assembly line.