May 21, 2013
- Perhaps it’s just a rising tide lifting all boats, but General Motors stock has hit its highest close in more than two years – beating the $33 a share price tag set during its initial public offering in November 2010.The resurgence comes as the overall stock market charges from one record to another, but also suggests that investors are impressed by the performance of the giant maker which earlier...
May 20, 2013
- This could skyrocket Michigan's already amazing car culture to new heights.
- In an effort to attain the best and brightest ideas while recruiting top science, technology, engineering, and math students.
- Perhaps it’s just a rising tide lifting all boats, but General Motors stock has hit its highest close in more than two years – beating the $33 a share price tag set during its initial public offering in November 2010. Meanwhile, CEO Dan Akerson says GM will soon rejoin the S&P 500 index. More from TheDetroitBureau.com.
- General Motors, the American company behind the Chevrolet brand, is seeking a bigger role and more market share in Southeast Asia. It has rapidly expanded the lineup of products available in the region to lay the foundation for the next stage of growth. Its three-pronged strategy is to expand its manufacturing and supplier footprints as well as the retail network.
- The General Motors CEO addressed 450 graduates.
May 19, 2013
- General Motors' Australian operation is losing money, thanks to cheap imports. Sound familiar? Here's what GM is doing about it.
- Do you think General Motors truly repaid the nearly $50 billion taxpayers funded in its bailout? If you do, you might be in for a rude awakening.
- In case you haven't been following AMC's "Mad Men" this season, the big news is that Don Draper and his ad geniuses have landed the biggest plum account of all, General Motors. But if GM surfaces again in today's episode, will the brand get a lift?
May 18, 2013
- Dan Akerson also says it soon will improve its bond rating to investment grade
- General Motors Co. Chairman and CEO Dan Akerson said Saturday that he thinks the company is close to returning to the S&P 500 index.
- General Motors CEO Dan Akerson expects the automaker to soon regain its investment-grade credit rating and rejoin the Standard & Poor's 500 about four years after being removed from the index. A higher credit rating could lower the cost of borrowing for GM, whose corporate debt is currently rated one step below investment-grade by the major ratings agencies.
- General Motors Co.'s stock closed at $33.42 a share Friday, up 3.18 percent and hitting its highest close in more than two years.
May 17, 2013
- General Motors has taken a long, winding road from its November 2010 initial public offering, but Friday it closed above the original $33 price for the first time in more than two years.
- General Motors Co.'s stock closed at $33.42 a share on Friday, up 3.18 percent and hitting its highest close in more than two years.