September 26, 2014
- While much of the electric-car world is anticipating the next Chevy Volt, which will launch in January, GM's other range-extended electric car will be getting some changes before then. According to Edmunds, an updated 2016 Cadillac ELR will debut in November at the 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show. DON'T MISS: 2016 Chevrolet Volt To Launch Next Year...
September 18, 2014
- Diesels seem likely to gain U.S. market share in light trucks and SUVs, hybrids are at least holding their own, and of course sales of plug-in electric cars are rising steadily. Wait...are we missing a green-car technology? As an article in The Los Angeles Times points out, natural-gas powered passenger vehicles remain the "neglected stepchild"...
September 11, 2014
- At the 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show in November, Audi is tipped to reveal a grand four-door coupe concept to showcase its future styling themes as well as preview a potential A9 flagship. But the A9 isn’t the only flagship model under the spotlight at Audi HQ in Ingolstadt, Germany. It’s well known Audi is looking at launching a version...
September 3, 2014
- My first, ill-fated job in the auto world was at an exotic car dealer in metro Detroit. The job itself sucked, but the cars, they were exceptional. Amidst a sea of Tiptronic Porsche Boxsters, first-gen Mercedes-Benz SLKs and abused second-generation Range Rovers, there were some real gems. In particular, I have fond memories of a trio of undrivable Jaguar E-Types. Two Series II coupes as well as a Series III convertible (that featured a mostly broken roof) spent the entirety of my brief tenure...
- One dealer in Los Angeles thinks the manufacturer suggested retail price of the most expensive Camaro ever is still too low. Felix Chevrolet has a black-on-black Z/28 for sale, but the store is asking $106,165 for the car, which is more than $31,000 above Chevrolet’s MSRP. The same dealer also has a white-on-black model that... more
- A 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 would set you back at least $75,000 MSRP were you to head over to your nearest dealership. One Los Angeles dealership, however, is charging a steeper price of admission for the honor of destroying everyone at Willow Springs and Irwindale. Jalopnik subsidiary Car Buying says Felix Chevrolet has a black-on-black […] The post Los Angeles Chevrolet Dealer Charging Six-Figures For 2014 Camaro Z/28 appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
August 29, 2014
- I have never liked traveling to Monterey, CA. The picturesque coastal city is about 300 miles from my home in Los Angeles, which means cramped and uncomfortable regional aircraft are part of the equation when the turnaround is only one night. Over the years, I have cursed the LA Basin's bumper-to-bumper traffic en route to the airport, argued with TSA personnel over carry-on baggage and waited countless hours for the fog to lift just for the anguish of being packed into a small regional jet for...
August 27, 2014
- Can you until November?
- As if flagship land yachts weren’t enough, Cadillac has gone and announced that the ATS-V sedan will make its world debut at the 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show. The Detroit News reports the sedan’s target is the BMW M3, and is expected to receive its firepower from the CTS V-Sport’s twin-turbo 3.6-liter V6, capable of […] The post Cadillac Announces ATS-V Sedan Debut At 2014 LA Auto Show appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
August 26, 2014
- The L.A. Times reports that Cadillac will debut a high-performance version of its compact ATS sedan at November's 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show, with a go-fast ATS coupe to follow. Dubbed the ATS-V, the car will reportedly get the twin-turbo...
August 25, 2014
- The 2015 Cadillac ATS-V will bow at this year’s Los Angeles Auto Show. According to a recent report from Car and Driver, both the Cadillac ATS-V and CTS-V models will go on sale next year, with the 2016 Cadillac CTS-V making its debut at next year’s Detroit Auto Show. The 2015 Cadillac ATS-V has been caught... more
August 21, 2014
- Cadillac is gearing up for a raft of new model arrivals in the next 12 to 18 months, the highlight of which will be a new flagship sedan. The good news is that we don’t have long to wait until we see the brand’s new model onslaught start, as the first new arrival will reportedly appear as early as the 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show in...
August 18, 2014
- A joint debut isn't in store for the 'V' twins after all.
August 17, 2014
- Cadillac is lacing up its boxing gloves for the upcoming auto-show season as it prepares to deliver a one-two punch with new V-series performance cars. The 2015 Cadillac ATS-V, America’s first honest shot at the BMW M3, will debut at the 2014 Los Angeles auto show, which kicks off on November 19. Tw...
August 1, 2014
- The A/C-based Shelby Cobra made its racing debut at the 1962 Three Hour Invitational Endurance Race organized by the Los Angeles Times, the same event that Chevrolet chose to introduce the then-new Corvette Z06. The Cobra went on to become a successful race car in the United States but it largely failed to make a name for itself on the other side of the pond.